Sunday, May 19, 2013

Down On The Farm

I'm just going to step out on a limb here and admit I've really stepped out on a limb here.

I've been crafting and 'making stuff' for as long as I can remember. I've always been the one who gives the Home Made gifts at birthdays and Christmas - sometimes because money was tight, but always because I want to give something personal. One year it might be embroidered hankies, the next, cookie mix in a jar. This year's gifts might come off the stove, next year's might come off the table saw.

Year after year after wedding after baby shower I always heard the same "Ooh! You should be selling these!" So I took that to heart, finally, and opened my shop on Etsy. I didn't spend hours in research & development.  I didn't gather together with my accountant and marketing consultants. I just did what I do, took pictures of it, wrote a little about it, and opened Ginson's Farmhouse Chic.

And now I drive a Porsche.

Not even. I still have to bathe the dogs and feed the livestock and cook & do laundry. And that's a good thing, because those are the things I love. Over the years I've learned a few tricks,  perfected a few dishes, and come across some really fun crafts.  Pour yourself a mason jar full of iced tea and join me...
Down On The Farm!




http://www.etsy.com/shop/GinsonsFarmhouseChic

No comments:

Post a Comment