Monday, June 3, 2013

Farmhouse Signature Vanilla Iced Coffee: RECIPE 



Oh coffee, how I adore thee! I drink coffee 365 days a year! It is never too hot or too late in the day for me to enjoy a good cup of coffee!

Only recently have I jumped on board the Iced Coffee Train and added Vanilla Iced Coffee to my routine. My first Vanilla Iced Coffee was a Golden Arches treat - then I discovered the Starbucks variety. Anything that delightful is going to be illegal,  immoral or fattening (in this case, probably all three) but there is an even darker side to this delicious coffee treat: it is NOT budget-friendly!

It was with that thought in mind that I began my quest for the perfect Farmhouse Signature Vanilla Iced Coffee and I believe I have achieved exquisiteness with this recipe. BEWARE:  while this is a much more budget-friendly coffee concoction, it is not at all diet-friendly! So without further ado, The Recipe:

Farmhouse Signature Vanilla Iced Coffee

1 C hot black coffee (brewed)
2 t dark brown sugar
2 t granulated (white) sugar
3 t non-dairy creamer (powder)
1 1/2 T Torani (TM) Vanilla Flavoring Syrup
1 dozen coffee ice cubes*
1 scoop Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla (TM) ice cream 
2 C cold black coffee (brewed)

In a quart sized mason jar combine hot coffee, sugars and creamer; stir well to melt sugars and incorporate creamer. Stir in vanilla flavoring syrup. Add coffee ice cubes* and ice cream. Fill the jar with cold black coffee and stir well to marry the flavors. Wrap the jar in your favorite Quilted Mason Jar Coozie and Enjoy! ♥

*Coffee ice cubes are an integral element to this recipe as regular ice will leave the finished beverage watered down. I am of the opinion that it is a sin to pour coffee down the sink so, on the rare occasion when there is "leftover" coffee in the Farmhouse, it is poured up into ice cube trays and frozen. As "leftover" coffee is such an anomaly around here, I will occasionally brew a strong pot and allow it to cool before pouring it up to freeze.

I invite you to give this recipe a try and, should you have suggestions for improvements, please leave them in the Comments section!

Like this recipe? Make a great thing even better by using Vanilla Bean Dreams Syrup in place of Torani (TM)!

(ingredients listed are the actual ingredients I use; I am not compensated to endorse any of these products)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Liliyu! It is delicious! Give it a try with the Vanilla Bean Dreams Syrup - love at first sip!

    ReplyDelete