Monday, July 8, 2013

What's In A Dot Com?

WELCOME BACK! And did you see the address bar? Ginson's Farmhouse Chic is now a Dot Com!

Over the past couple of weeks I've been creating, experimenting and writing. I have also been reading - a lot! I've always been a voracious reader and a night owl and the Internet has taken both traits to an almost extreme level. Point me in the direction of an article full of links and you won't hear a peep out of me for hours.

There is so much to learn - an open minded person could stay busy 24 hours a day! Whether you are looking for inspiration, motivation or your foundation, there are brilliant mentors out there who can combine to help you define your recipe for success. Allow me to introduce you to some folks I have found incredibly helpful...

Michael Nelson, The Cogent Coach, is teaching me about the impact of color and how to pen the perfect post. He has probably forgotten more about social media in the last five minutes than I'll learn in the rest of my life.

John Draper of Alabama Photo Productions is a genius behind the camera - his pictures reach beyond the lens to capture the personality of his subjects. He is teaching me about lighting and editing and has amazing insight on how to bring out the best in my product promotion shots.

Mike Allton wears The Social Media Hat and it looks great on him! He is teaching me to build a more effective blog. Interested in blogging for your business? Check him out! Want your blog posts to go viral? He can tell you how!

All of these guys are experts in their fields, and their fields of knowledge are far more diverse than I've described here. But what was that about a Dot Com?

Enter Bonnie Cribbs at bonniecribbs.com. Visualize if you will: the time is 1:00 a.m. and that 14th cup of coffee has my brain on maximim overdrive. I'm watching a Bonnie Cribbs video on blogging strategy and his first point is to Choose The Right Domain. My mind flashes on a previous video in which Mr. Cribbs had said "success is the only option." Now here he was, practically asking 'Ginger, why isn't Ginson's Farmhouse Chic a Dot Com?!'

Suddenly hours of studying articles, infographics, videos and Hangout conversations came together! Here, on my porch, in the middle of the night, ginsonsfarmhousechic.com was born. I'm so glad to see you've followed me here!

What is in a Dot Com? Commitment.The Dot Com is my commitment to you that Ginson's Farmhouse Chic is going to be here to meet your unique handcraft requirements. And the Dot Com is a commitment to myself, that final step in declaring that Ginson's Farmhouse Chic is my 'Plan A'...my success story.

My Etsy shop will remain open and you can still follow me on Google + and Facebook. Over the next few weeks I will be building my website so that all of Ginson's Farmhouse Chic will be together under one roof. Get excited!

Here is huge salute of thanks to my mentors, supporters and friends!

Who is inspiring you? Do you have tips or advice to share? Your comments are always welcomed!


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment